Thunder In My Soul – Reviews and Comments
Comments from people the author has never met
- Incredibly beautiful, inspirational, and creative.
- This is really impressive. Beautiful art and meaningful words.
- Wonderful book Norma. You are a digital artist, poet and writer. A very beautiful personal project. Looking forward to reading more!
- Oh man! Exquisite words and accompanied art. Love it.
- This is absolutely beautiful. So beautiful and touching. Thank you Norma Slack. You have spoken to my heart and soul.
Comments from people who know the author
- Beautiful and poignant.
- Really moving and I feel others will also appreciate and relate to it. You should be very proud.
- Your book is amazing.
- This is amazing. I’m in total awe. Thank you for enriching my day.
Reviews from Amazon
- 5 out of 5 – I loved, loved, loved this book of illustrated poems. The writer takes you into her world sharing boldly with you her personal life experiences in such an engaging way. I was able to relate to so many of the feelings and emotions expressed and feel lots of others will too. The format of the book with the writer's explanation prior to each poem, the poem and then the accompanying illustration works beautifully. Despite tackling difficult life events this book is actually uplifting and provides the reader with lots of encouragement and hope, reminding us of the importance of love and family and always finding the courage to follow our dreams.
- 5 out of 5 – A very moving book which expresses the emotions, and life experiences, of the writer through the art of poetry, digital art and writing. The poems are very moving and I was touched by how easily I connected with them through my own life experiences. The artistry of the digital art compliments each of the poems and adds to the emotions of the reader. The writer’s 'authors notes' resonate with one and makes one reflect upon their life. A wonderful book which everyone should take time to read, admire and reflect upon. To the writer many thanks for making me stop and consider.
- 5 out of 5 – As with the other reviews, this book resonated with personal experiences that I could relate to & the book was visually enhanced by the digital Art which complemented the poems. The Author's personal notes gave context & passion to the whole ensemble of the poems. A very poignant book which left you with a serene calmness.
- 5 out of 5 – This is a remarkable book. A heartfelt reflection on life, living, caring, loving and loss. It will resonate with many who will see echoes of their own life experience within its pages. The structure is excellent, the reflections and introductions to the poems are considered and thought provoking, the poems are direct, honest, painful even at times, and the art work complements the whole. A real achievement and one that people should find time to absorb. I loved it.
- 5 out of 5 – Beautiful artwork & very well written. Highly recommend it.